The lastest way for parents/carers to be involved in school life is to be a class parent rep. If you are willing to be involved please contact the office or the PTA and your interest will be passed on.
We know that the more parents/carers are involved with school, the more their children benefit. You are their role models, so the more they see you interacting positively with school, the more likely they are to succeed.
There are lots of ways you can get involved in school life. These include:
- Volunteering to help in a classroom;
- volunteering to help on a school trip;
- attending consultation meetings with teachers;
- attending curriculum events to find out how to support children’s learning at home;
- attending whole school events such as special assemblies, Christmas Fairs, etc…;
- becoming a governor (when vacancies arise);
- supporting SandALLs
- getting involved with SandDads;
- attending SandTots.
If you wish to volunteer in the school on a regular basis, we will ask to meet with you to go over some simple guidelines. This is to make sure that you get the best out of your time with us and also to ensure that there is a clear understanding of what regular volunteering will entail. You will also be required to complete a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) form (previously known as CRB form).
Helping on an occasional basis such as coming on a school trip or coming into school for a special event such as World Book Day does not require you to have DBS clearance. However there will still be basic safety and security measures in place such as guidelines for the trip, signing in procedures and wearing a visitors’ badge.